BSc Software Engineering (dual)
Learn more about our Software Engineering Bachelor's degree at the UE Innovation Hub
in Potsdam and in Berlin. Start an exciting career in tech and software.
Dual Study Programme Software Engineering, BSc
In our Software Engineering dual programme students not only get to know the current challenges and solutions in the field of software design and architecture, but they also learn to develop software that is based on professional, clean and stable code, and master new trends in mobile application development.
After successfully completing this course graduates will be able to design, create and implement intelligent software.
Key facts about Software Engineering dual
Start | Language of Instruction
- Winter semester: September 2024
Do you want to see our campus but aren’t around? Check out our Virtual Campus Tour!
- Innovation Hub
- classes will be taught in hybrid mode
- Study for € 0
- The tuition fees usually get covered by your practice partner.
Credits | Duration | Degree
- 180 ECTS
- 7 semesters
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Area of expertise
Software development, software design, data science, business informatics
The dual degree programme BSc Software Engineering comprises 7 semesters:
- 1. Semester: Programming, Computer Architecture, Mathematics & Statistics, Software Engineering I
- 2. Semester: Big Data & Analytics, Backend Development, Quantitative & Qualitative Methods, Soft SKills
- 3. Semester: Big Data Eco-Systems, Blockchains & Containers, IT Platforms, Software Engineering II
- 4. – 6. Semester: e.g. Human Resources & Organisation, Software Quality Assurance, Artificial Intelligence
- 7. Semester: Final Project and Bachelor Thesis
Become a cooperation partner
Find young and highly qualified talents for an apprenticeship in your company. We will assist you in choosing suitable candidates that fit your individual requirements and wishes.
Application process for dual study programmes
Step 1: Apply online
Start your application here. If you have already found a practice partner for the dual study programme, let us know with your application.
Step 2: Get to know our student advisory service
We will get in touch with you and explain all aspects of the dual study programme as we get to know each other. You will then receive the confirmation of admission from the UE, which you will need for your application with the practice partner.
Step 3: Find a practice partner – start your studies!
If you do not yet have a practice partner, we will support you in your search and introduce you to our cooperation partners. If you have already found a company, sign the contract for the dual study programme and your success story can begin!
Excellent studies at UE
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences is well known for its practical and excellent teaching. Therefore, we have now been officially awarded the second year in a row with the STERN badge as “Best Dual Study Provider”.
Get access to our network and get matched with the best practice partner for your professional career.