Prof. Dr. Stefan Chatrath
SEM Study programm Director Campus Berlin and Coordinator (nationwide) , Campus Berlin
Sport Management & Sport Marketing
He was awarded his MBA and his Ph.D. in Business Administration by Freie Universität Berlin. Additionally, he completed an M.Sc. degree in Economics at the University of Birmingham. For his doctoral thesis he was awarded the science prize of the German Football Association DFB.
Prof. Chatrath stands out for his many contacts in the Berlin top-class sports scene. For example, he has worked with projects involving Hertha BSC, 1. FC Union Berlin, Alba Berlin, and Berlin Recycling Volleys. He initiated the official cooperation of University of Applied Sciences Europe and the basketball players of Alba Berlin.
Sports marketing, (sports) sponsoring, ticketing, pricing policy, and services marketing are the focus subjects of Prof. Chatrath's teaching and research. He is active in the research group Sports Economics and is also a member of the European Association of Sport Management. He has previously taught at the Real Madrid Graduate School and the European University of Cyprus as a visiting professor.
Learn more about Professor Chatrath in the interview.
- "Does the World Anti-Doping Agency have to go? Counter the mighty testers with a force", in: Hamburger Morgenpost, S. 2-3, December 9, 2019
- "The Anti-Doping Dictatorship" , in: Achgut.com, November 4, 2019
- "WADA must go", in: Novo - Arguments for progress, November 4, 2019
- "'Simply the best': Let's create a soccer super league!" , in: Novo - Arguments for progress, August 16, 2019
- "Football World Cup in Qatar: Yes to desert turf", in Novo - Arguments for progress, June 24, 2019 (together with Kolja Zydatiss)
- "Athletes, fight against the anti-doping rules", in: Tagesspiegel Causa, April 3, 2018
- "Do athletes have to be role models?", December 14, 2019, panel discussion at the anniversary celebration "50 years Gerhard Schlegel Sports School" of the Landesportbund Berlin
- "Salary caps - possibilities and limits", June 15, 2019, Open House Day at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
- "20 years World Anti-Doping Agency - a review", October 22, 2019, Lecture series at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
- "For more self-determination: athletes, defend yourselves against the anti-doping rules", April 25, 2019, Berlin Salon of the Freiblickinstitut
- "Our China is called... Berlin-Köpenick - Do regional brands have a future in globalized sport?", May 15, 2019, lecture at the panel discussion of the same name at the University of Applied Sciences Europe
- "The German Soccer League in the Age of Globalization - A Discontinued Model?", March 26, 2019, Guest Lecture at the University of Applied Management HAM
Lecture series (conception & organization Prof. Chatrath)
- Winter semester 2019: "Agenda 2020: Current Challenges in Sports Management"
- Summer semester 2019: "Lecture Series on the Future of Football: The Cosmopolitanization of Football - Opportunities, Risks and Answers"
Course portfolio of Prof. Chatrath (excerpt)
- Sports Economics
- Sports Marketing
- Service Management
- Market research
- Value Creation & Price Management
- Ethics in Sport Management
- Ticketing & Hospitality
- Soccer Leagues, Associations & Clubs
- Soccer Marketing
Main research topics
- Sports Marketing
- Internationalization (or cosmopolitanization) of soccer
- Price Management
- Science award of the German Football Association DFB (Runner-up)
UE is accredited by