If you are already enrolled at a university outside of Germany, we would be happy to welcome you for one or two semesters at one of our locations during your stay abroad: Berlin, Hamburg, Potsdam or Iserlohn. UE offers programmes for incoming/visiting students in the departments of Business, Art & Design and Tech & Software. The programme of study and the language you wish to study in will determine which campus you will study with us.
UE offers a number of programmes for incoming students each semester. UE offers programmes with a total of 30 credit points according to the ECTS standard (regular workload). The Business programmes contain a predefined set of courses which can be attended during the semester. Our Art & Design programmes offer the possibility to choose courses from different programmes. The current programmes offered to incoming students are:
- Communication Design
- Photography & New Media
- Game Design
- Film & Motion Design
- UX/UI Design
- Business & Management Studies
- Digital Business & Data Sciences
- Sport & Event Management
- Digital Product Management
- Software Engineering
- Psychology (only German)
- Business Psychology (only German)
- New Media Design
- Innovation Design Management
- Visual Experience Design
- Corporate Management
- International Sport & Event Management
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
The available programmes for visiting students vary each semester. Please contact the Service Center for detailed and current programme offerings
- 1 June for the winter semester (first semester) starting in September / October.
- 1 December for the summer semester (second semester) starting in March.
The application process includes the following steps:
- If you are from one of our partner universities, your university must first nominate you for an incoming place with us.
- Please complete our online application form and upload the required application documents:
- Passport / copy of identity card
- Language certificate (B2)
- Enrolment certificate of your home university
- Last report card
- Photo (portrait format, jpeg)
- Portfolio (only for Art & Design)
- After the application deadline, incoming students will receive their written acceptance and contract.
- Students from ERASMUS partner universities: No fees at the University of Europe for Applied Sciences.
- Students from other partner universities: Depending on the individual agreement. Please enquire at the home university
- Free movers (students from non-partner universities): Regular tuition fees
We offer both English and German language programmes. To participate successfully in the classes, your language skills should correspond to the competence level B2 or higher. If the language you have chosen is not your native language, please include proof of your language skills with your application.
As at most German universities, the academic year at UE is divided into two semesters. The winter semester (first semester) runs from the end of September to the end of January and the summer semester (second semester) runs from the end of March to the end of July.
The exact dates can be found here.
We look forward to hearing from you: email@example.com and wish you every success with your stay abroad!
Important Before your arrival: please contact our Welcome Centre if you have any questions about visas, accommodation information or health insurance in Germany.