UE Study Guarantee: Start your studies online or on campus
We are as ambitious as you are which is why we are putting in place innovative measures to ensure you can start your studies with us in winter semester 2021. Therefore, all students have the possibility to start their studies online and continue on-campus as soon as possible.*
In addition, we strictly follow a high standard of hygiene and safety measures on all our campuses. Because: We're focusing on your safety, so you can focus on your studies!
* Important note: The implementation of face-to-face lectures takes place in accordance with and subject to the legal requirements. There is no guarantee that classroom teaching will be possible throughout the semester (in this case, teaching will be digital).
If for any reason Government guidance changes in the next few months which means we are unable to open our campuses, don’t worry, we've got that covered too.
Our guarantee gives you the following reassurances:
You can start your studies online now: it’s completely risk-free.
- If your campus is not open we will deliver our programmes via online teaching. Your learning will reflect the face-to-face experience and follow a similar delivery timetable.
We will deliver our programmes via streaming with MS Teams and we will provide you with all the support you would expect from our Career, Rental, Library and Student Services. Our labs, studios, and libraries will be open and accessible to you as well from the beginning of the lecture period obeying distancing and hygiene rules.
We will keep you updated on any developments and when the campus re-opens you will be able to move to face-to-face delivery.
- If you cannot travel to the campus, due to health concerns or travel restrictions, you’ll be able to continue with one of our online options as well. In the past semester, we have been successfully delivering a continuation of our on-campus programmes through online streaming delivery. MS Teams combines live teaching, workshops, alongside ongoing student support, wellbeing and career services. This route is ideal for students who would prefer to transfer to face-to-face teaching as soon as the campus is open.
Are you waiting your Visa appointment? You can try it for one month at no risk, after that if you do not wish to continue you have the following options:
- You will have a deferral option if you don’t wish to continue to study online.
- Fee cancellation will be provided in case you receive a visa refusal.
In case you have open questions, please check out our FAQS FOR LIVE AND DIGITAL LECTURES.
For face-to-face lectures, we will either have rotating groups on campus to observe the distancing rules or we will teach in such a way that parts of the students are on campus while the others are involved live via MS Teams ("hybrid teaching").
There are no blocking periods in the case you are stuck abroad or cannot initially come to campus for other reasons. Whenever you are able to come to campus during the semester, you can join classes on campus – provided distancing rules are observed. You can, for example, study for the first 3 weeks online, then join face-to-face or hybrid classes or continue to study online even if you could theoretically access the campus.
In the case of another lockdown, all classes will be shifted to fully online (MS Teams) within 24 hours. But in the case of relaxation, the rate of face-to-face or hybrid classes will be increased in accordance with the distancing rules.
Here you can find our FAQs about digital lectures for winter semester 2021.
You’ve worked hard and are ready to start university so you will be pleased to know that our campuses will be open. We can also reassure you that your health and safety is our priority.
These are some of the measures we are implementing at our campuses:
- The use of face coverings will be mandatory whilst on campus when you are outside of class.
- Social distancing with clear markers on the floors.
- Temperature measurement before entering the building.
- Perspex screens in key areas to protect you and staff: receptions, library, student services.
- Sanitiser stations throughout the campus.
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the campus using antiviral cleaning products.
- Wipes and cleaning products available at touch points such as printers.
- One way systems implemented where possible.
- Limited number of people in the elevator and restrooms
Please find further information in this COVID-19 Mini Guide.