Professor Kiessler is the Program Director for the M.A. Innovation Design Management at the UE Innovation Hub in Potsdam. He also covers the position of Academic Director for Campus Development and Corporate Partnerships and teaches Product Strategy, Strategic Branding, Business Management & Marketing, Design Culture, Advanced Research Methodologies, and Entrepreneurship.
Kiessler Design & Strategic Marketing
Consultant for design management and -implementation as well as strategic marketing for companies that understand design as principal driver in the creation of customer-value and innovation. Ethnographic research and customer insights, design audits, creation of product and communication strategies, concept development and project management of internal and external teams.
2013 until present
Design, production and distribution of lighting products.
2001 – 2014
Eckhardt & Kiessler (designkoop) in Milan and Berlin (since 2006)
Founder and partner
Product design, design strategy and project management for international clients.
1998 – 2001
Freelancer in Milan, Italy
Design consulting and art direction for international clients like for example Bosch Telecom, Lufthansa, Siemens-Nixdorf, Verri Uomo, Coveri, …
1994 – 1998
Studio De Lucchi, Milan, Italy
Product and interior design projects for clients like for example BMW, Cappellini, Deutsche Bahn, Fiat, Küppersbusch, Mandarina Duck, Olivetti and Samsung.
since April 2017
Lecturer for Innovation & Ideation Methodologies, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Design Management at UE University of Applied Sciences Europe and HMKW, Berlin.
2010 – 2017
Lecturer for Marketing, Packaging Design and Branding at the Institute of Design (IN.D), Berlin.
2014 – 2015
Lecturer for Marketing at the FOM Hochschule, Berlin.
Occasional lectures and workshops at School of Industrial Design, Lund University, Sweden.
In 1997, tutor and assistant to the Master Class at Domus Academy, Milan.
Freie Universität Berlin, Master of Business Marketing, MBM
Art Center College of Design (Europe), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Industrial Design
Awards and Recognitions
• TIFF Award 2012 (shortlisted) for a series of outdoor-furniture “Tartan” for the French manufacturer Fermob (with Jakob Timpe).
• Designpreis der Bundesrepublik Deutschland 2011 (nomination) for „Aqua Terra Eau de Toilette pour Homme“ for Swiss watchmaker Omega (with designkoop).
• Good Design Award 2009 by The Chicago Athenaeum for „Aqua Terra Eau de Toilette pour Homme” for Omega (with designkoop).
• Designpreis der Bundesrepublik Deutschland 2009 (nomination) for „Fine Leather Goods“ for Omega (with designkoop).
• Reddot Award 2008 for „Fine Leather Goods“ for Omega (with designkoop).
• The International Design Yearbook 2004 with Sagem mobile phones, Whirlpool, Suunto, Island office tables (with designkoop).
• The Award of Excellence – Design Distinction and Best of Category, ID Annual Design Review (USA) for Whirlpool Bodybox (with designkoop).
• Design Team of the Year 1997 (with studio De Lucchi, Milan).
• Premio SMAU 1996 (with Michele De Lucchi) for the printer PR2 for Olivetti.
• Best of Category “Concepts” for the project “Domestic Chips” with Studio De Lucchi in ID Annual Design Review.