Join us as a Peer Leader in our UE Peer Network Program!
Are you interested in sharing your own experience at UE with new students?
Would you like to help new students adjust to the UE campus environment and to succeed at UE?
As a Peer Leader you will provide support and guidance to new students by sharing your own experiences and knowledge with them. You will be able help new students to settle into university life and their new city. You will guide new students by answering their questions, providing information, or by directing them to the correct university resources they might need. The role does not involve helping new students with their assignments or classroom homework. Instead, your role will involve guiding them to the academic and personal supports they need for having a successful first semester.
• Answer questions about the university and life as a student.
• Share their academic journey experience as a student
• Create opportunities for Erstis to meet new people and have fun.
• Provide referrals to services and resources available on campus.
• Share information about campus events and activities on campus.
• Help Erstis achieve personal success through planning and goal-setting.
• Attend monthly check-ins with the Student Hub Advisor
• Attend and actively participate in training sessions
• Attend and carry out assigned responsibilities during new student orientation (Ersti Week)
• Be in Good Academic Standing
• Sign up for one semester (this does not include time as a volunteer)
• Participate in Ersti Week prior to the semester start
• A positive, welcoming role model and ambassador of the UE community.
• Able to communicate effectively and listen to mentee concerns.
• Problem-solving skills to answer student queries.
• Good organization and time management skills.
• Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concepts
• 500 € discount on your tuition fees per semester.
• Gain skills to enhance your CV.
• Recommendations letters from Student Hub.
• Meet students from all over the world
• Contributing to the university and the success of new students by helping them transition to the university during in "Ersti Week" and throughout their first semester
• Develop your language skills
• Demonstrate social commitment during your studies
Training for Peer Leaders will cover the following topics:
• Confidentiality and Privacy
• Consent culture and anti-bullying culture
• Public safety on and off campus
• Communication skills i.e. how to engage with new students.
• Documenting meetings
• Event planning
• Effective meetings one-on-one and as a group with new student mentees
• Time Management skills
Apply NOW to be a Peer Leader in the UE Peer Network at your campus. You will receive a Euro 500 discount on your tuition for your efforts in this very important leadership role.
Berlin Campus: Join us at Campus Berlin for Summer Semester 2023 by clicking here. Applications are open until the 20th of January 2023 at 5 pm! For more information about the Berlin Peer Leader program, email email@example.com
Potsdam Campus: Join us at the UE Innovation Hub in Potsdam for Summer Semester 2023 by clicking here. Applications are open until the 20th of January 2023 at 5 pm! For more information about the Potsdam Peer Leader program, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamburg Campus: Join us at the Campus Hamburg for Summer Semester 2023 by clicking here. Applications are open until the 20th of January 2023 at 5 pm! For more information about the Hamburg Peer Leader program, email email@example.com.
Iserlohn Campus: Join us at the Campus Iserlohn for Summer Semester 2023 by clicking here. Applications are open until the 20th of January 2023 at 5 pm! For more information about the Iserlohn Peer Leader program, email firstname.lastname@example.org