Join us in our UE Peer Network Program!
A Peer Leader provides support and guidance to new students by sharing their own experiences and knowledge with new students. They guide students by providing information or directions to the correct resources new students may need. The role does not involve helping students with their assignments or homework but to help students settle into university life and their new city while getting the academic and personal support they need for academic success.
• Answer questions about the university and life as a student.
• Share their academic journey experience as a student
• Create opportunities for Erstis to meet new people and have fun.
• Provide referrals to services and resources available on campus.
• Share information about campus events and activities on campus.
• Help Erstis achieve personal success through planning and goal-setting.
• Attend monthly check-ins with the Student Hub Advisor
• Attend and actively participate in training sessions
• Attend and carry out assigned responsibilities during new student orientation (Ersti Week)
• Be in Good Academic Standing
• Sign up for one semester (this does not include time as a volunteer)
• Participate in Ersti Week prior to the semester start
• A positive, welcoming role model and ambassador of the UE community.
• Able to communicate effectively and listen to mentee concerns.
• Problem-solving skills to answer student queries.
• Good organization and time management skills.
• Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concepts
• 500 € discount on your tuition fees per semester.
• Gain skills to enhance your CV.
• Recommendations letters from Student Hub.
• Meet students from all over the world
• Contributing to the university and the success of new students by helping them transition to the university during in "Ersti Week" and throughout their first semester
• Develop your language skills
• Demonstrate social commitment during your studies
Training for Peer Leaders will cover the following topics:
• Confidentiality and Privacy
• Consent culture and anti-bullying culture
• Public safety on and off campus
• Communication skills i.e. how to engage with new students.
• Documenting meetings
• Event planning
• Effective meetings one-on-one and as a group with new student mentees
• Time Management skills
Apply to be a Peer Leader in the UE Peer Network and join us at the UE Innovation Hub in Potsdam for the winter semester 2022/23 by clicking here. Applications are open until the 10th of October 2022 at 5 pm!
If you need any further information about the program or experience any difficulties with the application form then please don't hesitate to get in touch with Hassan Omran, Student Hub Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org