The new platform for the international photo scene in Europe.
Photographers from all over the world are invited to submit their work.
The primary goal is to establish a new platform for the international photo scene in Europe. The Hamburg Portfolio Review (HPR) creates opportunities for aspiring photographers and contemporary storytellers from all over the globe and convene members of the worldwide photographic community to meet, help each other, have fun and exchange their knowledge and ideas. The HPR offers photographers the opportunity to present their work to international experts in the photographic industry.
A top-class jury will screen all applicants and select 100 photographers, who will be invited to join the Review in September. Due to Covid the Hamburg Portfolio Review will be held virtually this year. During the face-to-face Portfolio Reviews, the chosen photographers will each meet 4 of over 40 photo experts from a wide variety of sectors and showcase their work in an exhibition. The HPR will give aspiring photographers a voice and visibility to their work by establishing contacts with publishers, media houses, museums, festivals, foundations, universities and institutions.
There are no genre requirements. However, the focus is on narrative photography, not on advertising imagery. The Hamburg Portfolio Review targets those who are sincere about photography. For whom photography is not just a hobby but a professional visual way to address contemporary issues. The reviewers are curious to discover new photographic work from all around the globe, image-makers and visual storytellers that have developed their unique voice and have something to express through photography.
What winners receive
- The possibility to present and discuss their work 4 of over 40 internationally known experts from different photographic sectors
- The chance to showcase their projects in an exhibition
- The opportunity to establish relationships with international media houses, festivals, publishers and Foundations
- Hamburg Portfolio Review offers you the chance to build up a network of contacts and gain recognition within the photographic world
The event will take place virtually on September 24 - 26, 2021.
- 24 September 2021: First Hamburg Portfolio Review and Exhibition
- 25 September 2021: Face-to-Face Portfolio Reviews
- 26 September 2021: Panels, Lectures and more
Kindly supported by Canon Europe, the Körber Foundation, the Hamburg Ministry of Culture and Media and the Altonaer Museum.