AStA ... WHAT?
AStA is the German abbreviation for “Allgemeiner Studierendenausschuss”, which means “General Students Committee” aka student council– it represents the interests of the students towards the administration of the university and the public. Since we want to represent you and give the students a voice, we encourage you to get in touch with us with whatever question, criticism, etc. You might have via e-mail: AStA.B@ue-germany.de
COMMUNICATION & ORGANIZATION
- Providing up-to-date information about studying and university
- Organization of cultural events and events such as the freshman party, …
CONSULTING from students for students - anonymous and free of charge
- Consultancy in case of disagreements, e.g. with lecturers, examination results, ...
- Mobility and commuting issues (semester ticket)
- Consultancy on student finance, student jobs, ...
- Housing for students
- towards the university (mediative role)
- towards faculty teachers (mediative role)
- Participation in high school policy decisions
These are some, but not limited to, tasks we care about. If you have any questions, please come directly to us. Please note that we do not provide legal advice and do not replace the university’s academic advice, but serve to provide initial orientation and the gathering of important information.
UNIVERSITY & STUDENT COMMITTEE (USC)
Takes care of the mediation between the university or professors and the students.
Students. The SC takes care of any inquiries students might have and offers a student to student consult.
FINANCE COMMITTEE (FC)
The finance committee is responsible for controlling the budget, records cash flows and supports calculations.
SPORTS & EVENT COMMITTEE (SEC)
The SEC takes care of organizational matters, meaning upcoming parties, workshops, talks with professionals etc.
COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE (CC)
Distributes information from and about the university, changes, news, upcoming events, etc. to the students via e-mail, social media, and brochures, posters or other mediums.
During the lecture period, we meet every first Monday of the month at 7:00 PM in room 1.16 / 1.17. Find more information about the meetings on Facebook.