AStA is the German abbreviation for “Allgemeiner Studierendenausschuss”, which means “General Students Committee” – it represents the interests of the students towards the administration of the university and the public. Since we want to represent you and give the students a voice, we encourage you to get in touch with us with whatever question, criticism,etc. you might have via e-mail: AStA.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to help by:
- Establishing better communications between the university and the students.
- Deliberating problems, hints (as well as compliments) to the university board
- Represent the students in all relevant bodies
Also the following tasks are covered:
- Enabling the formation of opinions within all groups of students
- Commenting on all questions relevant to both higher education and political policy
- Further political education and the willingness of students towards active tolerance as well as advocating for fundamental and human rights
- Perceive cultural, economic, social as well as professional interests of all students
- Promoting the integration of all foreign students
- Promoting university sports
- Cultivating nation and global wide student body relations
- Fostering the goals of each university course
For everything and everyone we at the AStA have an open ear, you can contact us via Mail or through Facebook. Talk to you soon!
If you want to engage in the AStA or have questions, join the monthly meeting. We meet every first Monday of the month in room 1.16 / 1.17.