Scheduling Senior Advisor (m/w/d)
Global University Systems (GUS) is an international network of higher education institutions. GUS offers a wide range of programmes, including bachelor's and master's degree programmes, diverse opportunities for (dual) vocational training, and corporate and executive training. When someone decides to study at one of our institutions - whether on campus in Europe, North America or at home - they join a network of 75,000 students worldwide. We are located in some of the world's largest cities, with campuses in Berlin, Hamburg, London, Paris, Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver, Singapore but also in smaller places, such as Hannover, Iserlohn or Potsdam. In Germany, the UE University of Europe for Applied Sciences, the GISMA Business School, the Berlin School of Business and Innovation (BSBI), the private Berufsfachschule für Gestaltung (HTK academy) and the service company GUS Germany GmbH belong to Global University Systems. Our institutions are characterised by a particular practical orientation, internationality, modern teaching content and personal contact with the students. Every day our employees contribute with innovative ideas to bring us closer to our goals - quality, service, internationality and growth. Our degree programmes are the result of direct exchange between our professors, staff and students, as well as demand from potential employers.
We are looking for a new colleague to join our Scheduling Team in Berlin or Hamburg, on a full-time basis, 40 hours a week, as soon as possible.
Scheduling Senior Advisor (m/w/d)
The Scheduling Office is responsible for scheduling all classes, assigning rooms, calculating the number of course events (same-course sections) needed based on enrolments, and adjusting scheduled course times when necessary. Staff scheduling experts coordinate the course dates for all courses offered and contact each individual faculty member. Students and faculty liaise with the scheduling office for planning their personal semester schedules
Key tasks and Responsibilities
•Implementation and optimization of the academic information and planning process in relation to course schedules, room assignments, and information planning.
•Ensure data completeness and data accuracy in Campus Net (e.g. of academic data, timetable information, costs, etc.)
•Oversee planning of semester schedule (approve and manage offers, keep track of teaching unit’s needs, support internal and external needs for lecturers, and plan for program course needs as well as for elective areas)
•Oversee room assignment schedule for semester schedule and for events (academic and non-academic).
•Development & approval of course set-up and event calendars
•Support the enrolment process (e.g. monitor the number of seats per group, develop a schedule for face-to-face and online offerings, etc.)
•Analyze and evaluate effective room utilization (based on capacity, equipment, and technology)
•Coordinate the setup/modelling of new study programs and adaption of existing ones in Campus Net by staying in close contact with Rectorate/Academic
•Based on new enrolment numbers, project course schedule, number of course sections and room requirements
• Completed university studies and relevant practical experience in university administration
• Work experience as a team coordinator
• Ideally, user knowledge of the CampusNet database system or a comparable system
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Excellent written and spoken language skills in German and English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
• Excellent organizational & planning skills
• Strong & confident communications and leadership skills
• Excellent skills in leading a service-oriented team
• Strong initiative, organizational skills, ability to work in a team, reliability, commitment
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
What we offer:
• Opportunity to work with a great team in a dynamic and international environment
• Preventive and aftercare healthcare options
• 30 days of vacation
• Various online language courses and opportunities to participate in online collaboration courses (e.g., IBM Design Thinking)
• Numerous campus events from the fields of art, culture, business and science
• Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concepts
Then we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com
Your application should include the following documents: CV, Cover Letter and References and possible start date
As an employer, we are committed to equal opportunity and support for minorities. We do not discriminate based on ethnic origin, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or legally protected status.
Your contact for HR-related questions:
Dijana Sapina, Recruitment and Talent Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org