Research Assistant Writing Lab (m/f/d)
Jobpart-time basis/20 hours a week
Global University Systems (GUS) is one of the most diverse educational networks of higher education institutions around the world. GUS educates in a variety of programs, including bachelor's and master's degree programs, English language courses, and professional, corporate and executive education. At 57 locations including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, Ireland, Israel, Singapore and Germany, approximately 87,000 students form an international network to learn together.
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) is part of the Global University System. In Germany, UE is headquartered in Potsdam and has Berlin, Iserlohn, and Hamburg campuses. UE is distinguished by its particular practical relevance, internationality, modern teaching content, and personal interaction with students. Every day, UE employees contribute with innovative ideas to bring UE closer to its goals: quality, service, internationality and growth. The degree programs are the result of direct exchange between UE professors, staff, and students and feedback from potential employers.
We are looking for a new colleague to join our Team in Berlin, on a part-time basis, 20 hours a week, in October 2022.
Research Assistant Writing Lab (m/f/d)
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Teaching basic skills in academic research and writing
- Supporting the UE Student Success Centre with writing workshops
- Outreach and advertise to students
- Developing and maintaining online resources
- Identifying and reporting to staff about student needs
- Developing writing lab structure and workshop offerings
- Setting up office hours for tutorials sessions
- Excellent English (native speaker) and very good and fluent German
- Academic and applied writing experience (MA degree / enrolled in graduate program)
- Experience in a similar student services role, providing effective support in academic writing,academic research, academic integrity practices, and testing and learning skills and strategies tostudents within a diverse post-secondary context.
- Experience facilitating & running workshops as well as experience in one-on-one student support
- Experience supporting students in developing study skills strategies
- Degree in the field of Educational Psychology; Adult Learning and Development; SchoolPsychology; College Student Development; or related fields in human services (e.g., social work,counselling, coaching, clinical or academic psychology), with an understanding of learning theoryand growth mindset theory. Master’s degree in education preferred.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a great team in a dynamic and international environment
- Preventive and aftercare health care options
- At least 30 days of vacation
- Family-friendly work environment and paid care time for sick children
- Various online language courses and opportunities to participate in online collaboration courses
- Numerous campus events from the fields of art, culture, business and science
- Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concepts
Then we look forward to receiving your application documents!
We need to review your documents: your CV & proof of your university degree (certificate). Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women among freelancers. We, therefore, invite women with a suitable profile to apply and we will consider them as a matter of priority with equivalent competence, aptitude and performance.
We are committed to equal opportunities and the support of minorities. As an international university, we actively seek to realize antidiscrimination. We strive to not allow any discrimination on the basis of ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or legally protected status.
Your contact for HR-related questions:
Dijana Sapina • Human Resources • email@example.com