International Affairs Advisor (m, f, d)
The University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) is a vibrant and dynamic institution that is dedicated to providing top-quality education to students from all around the world. Our programmes are delivered in English and/or German language, and with more than 100 nationalities represented on campus, we are proud to have one of the most diverse student bodies in Europe. Our campus locations in Berlin, Potsdam, Hamburg, Iserlohn, and Dubai (UAE) provide a truly international experience for our students and staff alike.
At UE, we are more than just a university – we are a family and we believe our employees are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. As part of the Global University Systems (GUS) network, we offer a wide range of professional development opportunities, including bachelor's and master's degree programs, language courses, and executive education. With approximately 87,000 students across 57 locations worldwide, GUS provides an unparalleled international network for learning and collaboration.
If you are passionate about education and want to join a dynamic and innovative institution that values diversity, quality teaching, and its people, then we invite you to join our UE family today.
We are looking for a new colleague to join our International Affairs Team in Berlin on a full-time basis /40 hour a week as soon as possible, who shares our vision of excellence in education and who is committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and staff.
UE International Office is the central contact point for all international matters for international students from their 2nd semester onwards as well as for master’s students in their International Experience. The IA team oversees the semester abroad program, ERASMUS, coordinates summer schools at UE and conducts workshops for international student groups. The team assists students with German bureaucratic issues, such as registering at the “Bürgeramt” or applying for a residence permit in Berlin and works very closely with the “Landesamt für Einwanderung” (LEA)
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
• Advise students about the study abroad program through information events, workshops, and one-on-one meetings
• Collaborate with the International Affairs Team at all campus locations and coordinate with teaching, administrative and service units at assigned location
• Provide support for international students (e.g. residence permits, registration, accommodation etc.)
• Provide Information and advice to new students and support them during the application process
• Oversee and coordinate new student orientation under the supervision of the International Affairs Senior
• Coordinate and administer summer schools, language courses and workshops for international student groups
• Issue and follow up administrative documents and verify and process applications
• Support International Affairs operations
• Support students and answer questions on various service topics
• Other related duties
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Excellent written and spoken languages skills in German and English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
• Knowledge of DAAD funding programs (such as Erasmus+ and Promos) is an asset
• Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and taking proactive action in addressing student problems
• Demonstrated organizational experience in running events, such as welcome days or new student orientation
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of residence law, e.g. applying for a residence permit, an asset
• Completed vocational training or university degree or relevant practical experience in higher education (especially in the area of International Affairs).
• Experience with university management systems such as CampusNet desirable
• Experience abroad is advantageous
What we offer:
• Opportunity to work with a great team in a dynamic and international environment
• Preventive and aftercare healthcare options
• 30 days of vacation
• Opportunities to participate in online collaboration courses (e.g., IBM Design Thinking)
• Numerous campus events from the fields of art, culture, business and science
• Opportunity to develop and implement new ideas and concepts
Then we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include the following documents: CV, Cover Letter and References and possible start date.
As an employer, we are committed to equal opportunity and support for minorities. We do not discriminate based on ethnic origin, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or legally protected status.